Procedural Escalator

kubabuk

cool...

if it worked :)

I'm getting an error;

UV_cubic_SHOP1 won't cook...

is this a custom node?

ah I see, I have some otls inside you can bypass all of that uv cubic nodes, probably the is missing texture link - I used them for visualizing textures only and assigning simple uv. Let me know how that works, if it doesn't I will clean that up.

kuba

this one should work fine... :rolleyes:

escalators_2.otl

Hmmm... that's odd, allow editing contents by right clicking on the asset and dive into it. Where exactly it gives you an error?. Is it the same thing arctor talked about?

You can also send me your hip file.

kuba

Hey J,

I don't know why but 60% of the network was missing.

here it is a original escalator network. Feel free to change it.

If you want to get rid off of the otl and work only with the nodes - RMB and choose Extract contents. You will loose all of otls controls but on the other hand you will be able to play with all of the settings and controls in the SOP level, and study the way it was built.

Don't give up to quickly ;) and keep asking if you have any problem.

good luck

kuba

test1.hip

hi kuba,

the file u have sent is gr8....finally i get to see the entire network. But still there are few problems which i m facing,

- when i m trying to extract contents the network gives me error on many nodes.....and i m not able to see the geom in the viewport.

- but when working with the OTL it looks fine...only thing is the geom has these artifacts i mean its not a smooth geom.....

but apart from all these thanx for sharing ur work as the procedure u have followed is very much clear......

one more thing can u plz explain ur custom OTL that u have used.....ie how to acheive the task if a person doesnt have a custom OTL.........

Thanx

J

I think the links on the nodes which were linked to the top of otls controls are still there, so you have dead references. That's a shame because you have to track the SOPs down which might be pretty tedious. If that's true extracting otl isn't the best idea...

When it comes to that other otl, stored inside the escalator otl. I might be wrong but as far as I understand it should be embeded everytime you save your otl. So no matter how many custom HDA you are using in your model everything will be preserved. This is 100% true when it comes to hip files, but this rule should work with otls as well. Let someone better informed correct me if I'm wrong. :unsure:

kuba

embedding of OTLs into a hip file isn't automatic...there is a little process to go through...

open the operator type manager

turn ON the following:

Give Prefernce to Definitions Saved in Hip File

Save Operator Definitions to Hip File

save your file.

NOTE : be sure to change these setting back before you do any other work...

you can also embed an HDA into another HDA...