L-system Animations

cellchuk

Hey All,

I'd like to share the Tests that I have done with L-Systems earlier.

01-06

Cubes_v2:

This is the 2nd version of the cubes which has a slightly different formula and different growing behaviour

selsys_03_thumb.jpg

cubes.mov

L-Machine

Another test which uses the leaf input as well

selsys_07_thumb.jpg

machine.mov

Cage

selsys_02_thumb.jpg

cage.mov

Houdini Creature v.01

selsys_06_thumb.jpg

Houdini_Creature_v1.mov

Houdini Creature v.02

selsys_05_thumb.jpg

Houdini_Creature_v2.mov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Links has been updated and the rest l-sys videos can be found in my web-page;

http://www.selcukergen.net/proj_lsys.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy

cheers.

Edited by cellchuk

Cool stuff. Some of those new ones are really crazy.

I am a little confused about the cage system. Is its animation being driven entirely through the l-system?

Tnx,

Yes The whole animation is being driven by l-system. there are some statements going on

depending on the iteration count of the system such as stop growing after generation 5 and start

applying the other rule and at the end grow a fruit (the balls :))

The only thing that is not l-system is the duplication. I duplicated the system 5 times to get this cage look.

cheers

The only thing that is not l-system is the duplication. I duplicated the system 5 times to get this cage look.

cheers

Oh, okay. That makes more sense then.

You've inspired me to start playing around with l-systems some more. It's quite addicting once you actually know how to do something with it. ;)

Oh, okay. That makes more sense then.

You've inspired me to start playing around with l-systems some more. It's quite addicting once you actually know how to do something with it. ;)

hehe thats true. its actually scary in the beginning but once you get the idea its pretty addicting like you said