zasid

How Do I Optimize My Volume Lighthing

Hello,

I have a very slow machine and I m using H9 on it and its take ages to render my volume lite ,is there any way I can optimize and make it fast to render or is there any way I can cheat the effect with some cone or shader .Looking forward to hearing from you guys .

Thanks

zasid.

If the application is very simple and you don't need volumetric shadows from something going through the light then you can use a shader with transparency based on the facing ratio to camer. This is the opposite of an "x-ray effect" where the inside is transparent and the edges are opaque. I would suggest that you put some noise on it to help break up the edges a little.

Hello,

I have a very slow machine and I m using H9 on it and its take ages to render my volume lite ,is there any way I can optimize and make it fast to render or is there any way I can cheat the effect with some cone or shader .Looking forward to hearing from you guys .

Thanks

zasid.

I've never really used it but you can also do volume lighting effects in cops by rendering a depth pass into a deep raster.

I will take this a lot further and post a blog.

Thank-you for the encouragement.

I sould add that since it's been posted here it becomes the property of od[force]...but we'll give you a good rate to use it elsewhere ;)

Hello guys,

Thank you for the great response .I have tried few of the tips and they seems to work well for me so thankyou for all your help.

regards,

Zasid.