Irradiance Cache File Extension

*.cache? ;)

hi, symek. while i was waiting for your help, i fired off a mantra render with read/write mode set to write, and irradiance cache file without extension.

Just came back from work now and notice the file without extension has a size of 112mb.

And now i set the read/write mode to read, i notice the render is speeding up significantly which mean the file without extension is work. Original rendertime was approx 2hrs, now only 15mins.

I have a new question now. if i would like to cache an image sequence, should i set it to filename$F4? or i just need to cache 1 file only for moving camera static scene?

What about moving camera moving object scene?

your help is much appreciated.

jordan.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi zasid ,

You would render out your Occlusion and use it as a pass and then multiply it with your Diffuse / Colour pass in Cops or any other compositor. That way you get full control. At render time just read in the files , remember they are only good if you don't make changes ...

Rob

The Irrad cache(s) don't need any particular suffix. They're not really photon maps though so using "pmap" might not be appropriate. I use .cache but that's kind of generic and lame too. I'm going to stick with .cache just because I can't really think of anything better and it doesn't matter anyway :)

Cheers,

Peter B