Intermediate Houdini Class

I will be teaching an intermediate Houdini class at Santa Monica College starting Feb. 17th. on Tuesday nights at 6:30pm. Section # 4277.

The class is intermediate so some Houdini proficiency is required. I'll be teaching such material as advanced particles, advanced lighting and rendering, rigid body and soft body dynamics, fluids and fire. It's a class that will emphasize industry preparation as well as photoreal work. For anyone thinking they may have to miss a few classes for work, dont worry, there's no attendance grade, and there will be plenty of notes and video tutorials to help keep you abreast.

I'm looking for about 15 more students to fill this class and make it interesting. I'm hoping for some production people or people seriously interested in going into production, though all students are welcome.

Class are about $20 a credit hour, so this class will run you about $100 for 16 weeks. You can't buy 2 tutorial DVDs for that price!

A couple extra points:

The class meets "at the Academy of Entertainment and Technology (AET), a satellite campus of Santa Monica College located at 1660 Stewart St., Santa Monica, California.

At the AET campus, we provide FREE PARKING for currently enrolled students. "

( from: http://www.smc.edu/apps/Comm.asp?Q=18 )

also, if one wishes to save $30, there are optional fees that can be waived. Contact the Bursar's Office.

• 4 weeks later...

Still a few seats left if anyone is interested, or knows someone who is interested. It is possible to waive the pre-requisite if you have prior Houdini experience. You may email Chris Fria (fria_chris@smc.edu) about waiving the pre-req, or email me for more information on the class (rachaelgc@gmail.com).