My own shatter-machine

Ezz

Hello dear Houdini-Folks.

I am trying to understand the ForEach-SOP and for that purpose I have invented a little exercise. I understand

the basic idea with this SOP, but I am running into problems when trying to solve this.

What I basically want is to chop a box or any giving geometry with and grid( followed by a mountain-SOP) multiple times.

I guess this is doable in the ForEach-SOP, but I dont how to make it work. In my example I do the chopping in two steps. One that

produce a buttom part, and another that creates a top part. My problem is that I only want the top part into the ForEach-SOP at each loop.

Well I guess Im stucked and its a bit hard for me to explain.

I have attached a scene with my problem.

I hope I can get a hint or a suggestions to solve this.

Thank you very much

Erik

foraech_troubles.hipnc

post-825-1233092085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ezz

hi, Erik! i also studying shattering objects, foreach SOP (and point clouds)), you can see my topic in general houdini questions.

what do you want exactly? simple shatter with your foreach SOP isn't difficult, i posted it.. perhaps that's not you want - because how to tell foreach SOP to update which group ('Aout') it must shatter i don't know! that's some recursion..

shatter.hip

Edited by mic

Hi again Mic.

I have seen your file though today, and its good. But its not exactly what I want.

Im looking for a solution that gives solid pieces out of the Foreach-SOP like the one in green in the picture. - Yours gives only poly shells.

But thanks for giving some time to the suggestion.

Erik

• 2 weeks later...
Hey..

My pleasure - Im glad that I can contribute a little bit to this fantastic forum.

Well this project helped me understand the ForEach-SOP better and its so powerfull.

Houdini Rocks :-D

Erik

duckling.dk

thank you, Ezz, yes, the solution was to use foreach in foreach)

thank you for posting the scene, that's useful example!