Baking Textures on the geometry

bhaveshpandey

I tried searching the forum on the above subject but couldn't find a lot..

Could anyone shed more light on how Texture maps can be baked into a geometry (sans materials)?

I guess texture baking has its own pros and cons as every other thing does..But currently

I'm working on something where texture baking could help me save quite some time.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

cheers :)

It used to be an unofficially supported option to use mantra -u plus the path to your geometry (it required vertex uvs to work)

I'm just now wondering myself if this is still the official un-official way to do it or whether it is now fully supported. I can't find any obvious options for it in the mantra render parameters. Hopefully someone with more information will happen by, until then try mantra -u and the path to your geometry.

It used to be an unofficially supported option to use mantra -u plus the path to your geometry (it required vertex uvs to work)

I'm just now wondering myself if this is still the official un-official way to do it or whether it is now fully supported. I can't find any obvious options for it in the mantra render parameters. Hopefully someone with more information will happen by, until then try mantra -u and the path to your geometry.

vm_uvobject and vm_uvattribute need to added to MantraROP. Not sure if this is official, but it's mentioned in Help ;)

I just typed vm_uvobject and vm_uvattribute.. and got the page..

I had already tried searching with 'texture baking' so knew it cant be under that topic.

I'm struggling to get through this though :blink:

Edit: I hope for newer tutorials from SESI..they have kinda slowed down a lot with the tutorials in their website..(for now i guess)

Hope newer ones are gonna be up soon..(and yea more of intermediate and advanced level please)

Their intro to fluids was real good.

Edited by bhaveshpandey