setup pathfollow inside geosublevel

You have one object that you want to be constrained to the path, or multiple objects? For a single object, you just specify its Path parameter. For multiple objects, it probably easiest to use the FollowCurve IK solver with bones and then use parenting.

You can change the locked values manually by following these steps:

- Right-click on the OLE_FOLLOW_PATH node and select "Type Properties".

- Go to the "Parameters" tab and find "Translate along curve" in the list. Remove the locks under "Range".

I have only tested it with regular curves and not l-systems.

for now i paint in new curves with the l system as reference... i m not shure how to use lsystem parts as splines ore something...

your follow SOP works great with standard curves ... thx a lot! cool stuff

i ll test the lightdome soon

greets

in case someone is interested ... i often tried to setup geooutlines ore edges in this case a part of an l system as a path....

one way i found out is to refere a new curve to the geo you wanna build your path with creating the new curvepoints in the coordinatetab of the curveparameters

by space-typing the pointnumbers of inputgeometry with a "p" in front.

hi,

how can i setup an object following a curve inside a geo hirarchy? i tried to add the pathobject and pos parameters to a xformnode but somehow...?

thx

maybe Im missing something, but what about just taking curve SOP, add carve SOP > extract point, then copy SOP your geo via obj merge SOP to point from carve SOP.