basic texture question

hi,

very basic again:) ... id like to place a iristexture with the prebuild eyeballmaterial. i ve played around with the project-uv SOP to get the texture in place...

my problem is when i rotate around the uv`project the hole for the iris is getting rotated too( i think it is build with kind of displacement network)...

how i can move this two parts independently?

thx

post-4387-1240691264_thumb.jpg

i ve tried to set something up in the vop network of the eyeballshader... it is like looking for the needle in the haystack...

with the transform uv VOP i tried to manipulate the orientation and size of the map ... that kind of works but im not getting a proper result...

i think there should be an easier way :)?

all i wanna do is to rotate my irismap 90

It looks like the material expects polar UVs to be present, and then it draws it's own displace and colors for the iris. If you want to use a texture map for the iris you also have to provide your own matching texture map for the displace as well. You could go into the vopnet, add a UVTransform node for the color part of the shader and tinker with it until it looks right, but meh... why bother? The shader doesn't look realistic, I wouldn't put effort into making it work. Would be quicker just to slap an ortho projection on a sphere and use your texture (I think you can do without the iris displacement pattern, looks weird).

hey!

nice a step forward!...thx for your time...i thought the shader could be cool with the right texturework. i like the idea with the smoothingvalue in the vop network which blends the parts together. i don' use the pattern ore colorparameters but i like the animatable pupil a.s.o.

i tried to setup a texture transform in the surface network but somehow...

i ve no idea how to handle vobs...i ve tried with a vector paramter to control the rotation but that was not very handy...

this time for me all is about learning ... getting basic knowledge together...

i d like to to know how to transform different shaders in a material (disp and surface in that example) independently with confortable control

greets

hey!

nice a step forward!...thx for your time...i thought the shader could be cool with the right texturework. i like the idea with the smoothingvalue in the vop network which blends the parts together. i don' use the pattern ore colorparameters but i like the animatable pupil a.s.o.

i tried to setup a texture transform in the surface network but somehow...

i ve no idea how to handle vobs...i ve tried with a vector paramter to control the rotation but that was not very handy...

this time for me all is about learning ... getting basic knowledge together...

i d like to to know how to transform different shaders in a material (disp and surface in that example) independently with confortable control

greets

For layered textures you'll need Layer sops to generate the layer id's you need.