HUD of attributes - how to display attribute value in viewport

Hi,

is their a way to display an attribute in the viewport ?..like a hudslider but without a slider.

Basically I was thinking of a speedometer in the viewport. Its not to hard to place the results of a font sop in a particular camera's space, or just have a details view open

to the right attribute but I was wondering if a more general solution was out there which would keep the text in the viewport regardless of the camera selected.

thanks

Tom

Hi Jason,

not clear on what you mean by the unparented part. I used a fetch to get a shot_cam's transforms to place the text from a font sop in the right place on the window. That works quite nicely.

The icing on the cake would be access to the transforms of the default persp1 ..no cam in world space or some sorta window coordinates...

thanks

Tom

Heh... Yeah, that was the first thing that came to me too. But, no, we're in maya-speak for "attributes" which is houdini-speak for "parameters". :)