pyro tool !

nomad

hi guys!

Someone can tell me how to obtain that fine detail as can be seen in the 10th blast off video on the sidefx site.

I tried bunch of things like increasing curl on the upres pyro solver, or adding vorticles to the lores fluid, adjusted the shader but cant get the detail, all i get is big puffs. I suspect that it is noise mapped to density but can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

That is simmed detail, shaded with a very simple volume shader. Details were obtained by just upressing the sim and tweaking the turbulence settings and force lookup ramps. Try using absolute noise when upressing. This might give you some unwanted artifacts but will results in more irregular and fine detail.

Cheers Coen

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another question here.

As we see, Pyro has great fire simulation with smoke.

How to make Pyro just has its own fire without smoke?

Thanks!

Don't emit initial density and turn soot to 0 (or deselect the smoke from fire toggle). Now you will sim only the heat. Problem is that mantra needs a density field to render properly (acts as a lookup mask I believe). So by simply renaming heat to density and using that in the shader as the fire name you should be able to only render heat as fire (now density)

Also, when doing this make sure the turbscale is being generated from burn+ heat. Since you are not generating any density so no inital force will be applied

hi again!

Is there any chance for getting that white smoke hip file please? I still have problems, like swimming noise across the smoke and sudden changes in noise pattern.

Btw, what You mean on absolute noise?

Thanks in advance!

I second the request for this hip file, was just trying to tweak some white cloudy smoke today without conclusive results...

and, I'm also interested to know where the absolute noise option is?

hi again!

Is there any chance for getting that white smoke hip file please? I still have problems, like swimming noise across the smoke and sudden changes in noise pattern.

Thanks in advance!

hi again!

Thanks in advance!

I'll have to take a look at my backups. Was doing that while I was working on the solver. If I find it I'll post it. Otherwise i'll whip something up.

I'll have to take a look at my backups. Was doing that while I was working on the solver. If I find it I'll post it. Otherwise i'll whip something up.

Ditto. Once I escape the small production hell I'm currently inhabiting, I'll try to post some of those test scenes.

Thanks for covering, Coen, and nice to hear you're still alive out there! :)

Cheers.

excellent, thanks for your efforts!

Ditto. Once I escape the small production hell I'm currently inhabiting, I'll try to post some of those test scenes.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Haha, yes, I am. Settled down and working again. Had a rough and busy couple of weeks over here.

But there are still a lot of scenes over at SESI, and I see some requests popping up, regarding specific issues, that can be addressed using those examples.

Good luck! Can't wait to see your examples over here as well

Cheers!

Hmm,

I finally mangaged to get the scattering layer, but I had to modify the pyro shader for this

I added the line

Cscatt = Escatt;

the export variabke Cscatt was declared but never written. Now it works as expected.

Martin

Edited by sanostol

Hmm,

I finally mangaged to get the scattering layer, but I had to modify the pyro shader for this

I added the line

Cscatt = Escatt;

the export variabke Cscatt was declared but never written. Now it works as expected.

Martin

Crap.

I guess in that version I called it Escatt instead of Cscatt (it changed a few times). No need to modify the shader, though -- just call the AOV layer (in the ROP) 'Escatt' instead of 'Cscatt'.

Apologies for the confusion, Martin.

No problem :)

What a shader, the scattering looks really beautiful

Crap.

I guess in that version I called it Escatt instead of Cscatt (it changed a few times). No need to modify the shader, though -- just call the AOV layer (in the ROP) 'Escatt' instead of 'Cscatt'.

Apologies for the confusion, Martin.

Edited by sanostol

• 5 weeks later...

So here is a question...

I would like to render fire using the Burn Field instead of the heat field, as I feel it looks better (at least in the viewport) but am unable to produce anything from the Pyro shader when I set the base field to Burn. If I mess with the settings of the interpolation UI, essentially setting it to full on or constant "1", I produce an image that looks identical to the heat field product. Am i missing something?