Metafobics

You would need to keep the weight of one metaball positive while the others have negative weights. This will result in the form of the one ball wich has a positive weight. The bad thing is, that you will have to replicate everything those many times, you have metaballs. Everytime setting another ball to positive weight. One possibility is to use stamping from the copy-SOP. But i tried it and it seems, that it has some cooking-errors. Perhaps this is not present anymore in H6. I still use H5.5, since the new version crashes all the time here on my computer :-(

Another possibility I have though of, is that you can place metaballs with negative weight inbetween your balls with positive weights. This has a similar effect as the things I have described above. You can see all 3 different "solutions" in the attached hip-file. They are all complicated to accomplish for many metaballs, but perhaps it is possible to write a small script, which performs these tasks.

RepellingMetaballs.hip