alpha information to particles

tex("$HFS/houdini/pic/butterfly1.pic", $MAPU, $MAPV, D_CA) gives You acces to the alpha for example

but what exactly do You mean, what way do You want to adapt on the alpha>

cheers Martin

Edited by sanostol

i found a solution in the meantime .... i transfer color information from a texture via &BBX,$BBZ D_CR D_CG a.s.o. onto particles i tried to read out the alphainformation from the same file to make spezifik particles transparent controled by the alpha of my image ... for know i go with the delete sop and grouped by D_CA .... that works fine because i only need full opacity and not visible ore deleted .... but how to go when i need semitransparent particles ... is it possible to control that with an alphachannel ?

also i ve another question on particles ... very basic...

is it possible to somehow multiply the number of particles in renderprocess ... mean how to get a more dens pointcloud that i created in my network ... some kind of interpolation ?

thx a lot

sorry i missed the material library constant has a point alpha... it was a problem with my values ... but please tell me what's happening here?!

The alpha ramp value somehow loops?! ... i ve set a linear ramp for alpha (1 to 0) with the lookup $SPEED

thx

post-4387-1247928190_thumb.jpg

Edited by hatrick

The alpha ramp value somehow loops?! ... i ve set a linear ramp for alpha (1 to 0) with the lookup $SPEED

yes, it loops and the same for color

you need to use clamp($SPEED,0,1) as Lookup if you do not want it to