Very Bad Pixar News

michael

Knick-Knack is being shown in front of Finding Nemo, and if you didn't see it when it was in theaters back in '89 like me, you never will...instead Pixar is showing the new Knick Knack - the one with smaller breasts :aint it cool news link

I'm giving Pixar the benefit of the doubt and blaming Disney for now...but this one of the worst things I've ever heard (industry related of course).

did i mention that knick knack is my favorite pixar short :angry:

When I saw Nemo yesterday I was like, "Ummmm, there is something missing" She must have been having back problems so they gave her a reduction. It was kinda sad because that specific exaggeration did add a lot to the silliness of the story. When Pixar released all their shorts on to video a few years back, (Tiny Toys?), she was still "busty". I wonder what caused the change.

On another note, it was really sad to see Glenn McQueen had pasted away. It was nice of them to dedicate the movie to him. I remember seeing him speak out an LA once. VERY animated guy. :(

jim.

Nemo was absoutely fantastic, and Knick is still great, even with the Breast reduction. The audience in the theater I was at last night loved it. They clapped for the Incredibles, they clapped after Knick Knack, they clapped at the end of Nemo, and a good chunk of the theater actually stayed and clapped again after the credits.

Very sad to see Glenn McQueen had died as well. They dedicated a really beautiful movie to him. It's fantastic.

It surprises me that Pixar (or Disney?) took the time to rerender that all, just because of that.

By the way, how do these, erm, reduced breast look like then? :unsure:

Well originally, the breasts were just huge spheres. Huge, like an F Cup. In the new one, the Miami girl has no breasts to speak of and the Atlantis girl has slight breasts. It actually looks better now, cuz like I said in the original version they just looked like spheres attached to the body.

Keep in mind the movie was done in 1989 and there wasn't any crazy shaders or lighting. The geo wasn't even complex. I'd be suprised if it took them more than a few hours to rerender that handful of frames on the equipment they have today.

yeah, in the original they were just spheres...but I always felt that this was part of the humor of it - exaggerated, outlandish - and that it wasn't intended as some kind of statement about the 'ideal woman' - they're plastic toys after all - perhaps even meant to mock that 'ideal'...

saw Finding Nemo tonight btw, it's fantastic...needs another viewing....:)

• 2 weeks later...

bah humbug I say!! to all of them.

Imagine if people went around blurring the nipples of renaissance paintings? Just because of some silly modern idea. It would never happen, why? Because people have respect for the art... obviously not for animation though.

bah humbug!

I'm gonna go n sulk now

:D