Displacements in PBR (SOLVED)

Hi Farsheed

You're going to have to be more specific I'm afraid. There's an awful lot of stuff to take into account for a pbr render so it could be anywhere along the line that something failed.

For anyone to begin to help you, you should post what you've tried in the way of settings and possibly some renders of what's going wrong.

"Bad displacements with pbr" isn't enough to go on.

Cheers

Marc

...results are so bad.

Any idea?

One thing to keep in mind is that with PBR (in the raytrace or micropoly engine) you're going to be tracing loads of rays against your geometry. If you're geometry requires lots of refinement (like displaced geometry, implicit surfaces, and parametric surfaces), Mantra is going to have to work really hard to do this refinement and hold the results in memory long enough to trace against it. Often, you get much better results using high resolution geometry that requires no refinement and captures the low frequency details provided by your displacement shader, supplemented by a bump map to provide the high frequency details.

I am trying to find a way for rendering some rocks with pbr. but results are so bad.

Any idea?

Could you be more specific? These pics are 5 minute basic displacement with default setting of PBR (expect full predicing for a rock which is not default).

post-744-125165617032_thumb.png

post-744-125165621886_thumb.png

Hi Farsheed

You're going to have to be more specific I'm afraid. There's an awful lot of stuff to take into account for a pbr render so it could be anywhere along the line that something failed.

For anyone to begin to help you, you should post what you've tried in the way of settings and possibly some renders of what's going wrong.

"Bad displacements with pbr" isn't enough to go on.

Cheers

Marc

Oh sure, you are right. some times I am so confused that I forget to send you essential information. Thanks.

Here is my "bad" result. My scene scale is extremely large. I send you the obj object cause the scene size is too big. ( If you want I can upload the whole scene )

post-4411-125169604874_thumb.jpg

Talht_Jamishid_column.obj.tar.gz

Thank you all.