Short and sweet OP centric lessons

kleer001

Short OP videos, yay or nay?   

221 members have voted

1. 1. Would you watch short (5-10 min) OP centered how-to videos?

• Yes! Where are they?
    • Yes, even though I'm pretty good I can always be better.
    • No, I know enough already.
    • No, but I know someone who would.

• 2 months later...

I have put together a short tutorial on how to install a mocap BVH file into the Default Mocap Biped 1 character that ships with Houdini 14.

You can view it here:

The attached ZIP file contains the .CMD/.BCLIP files that this video lesson uses.

Archive.zip

• Like 2

I have put together a short tutorial on how to morph a font between various phrases. Even though the tutorial shows the font SOP in use, there is no reason why you can't use any mesh based geometry as morph input sources, or Object Merge nodes as well.

You can view it here:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have put together a short tutorial on how to create a lens flare RIG from image mapped planes. The file names for the image maps are generated by VEX code and stored on attributes for each plane. The material style sheet links the attributes to texture file name fields inside a Mantra shader.

You can view it here:

I have attached the assets referenced in the video. Put all the lens element images in a single folder and adjust the vex code path to point to that folder. The final HIP files with all VEX code are included as well.

cc0_lens_element_caustics.zip

cc0_lens_element_glows.zip

cc0_lens_element_rings.zip

cc0_lens_element_stars.zip

cc0_lens_element_streaks.zip

houdini_lens_flare_starter_rig.zip

Edited by Atom
  • Like 4

I have put together a short tutorial on how to leverage the Papagayo lip synch software with the new default characters that come with Houdini 15.

You can view it here:

I have attached the files I reference in the video, including the full Python code used to read the data and drive the rig as well as a HIP file in the final working state.

lip_synch_assets.zip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ive followed your tutorials on converting bvh to cmd files, for how to use bvh/cmd on mocap biped 1. Is there an easy way to be able to use the mocap biped 3?(the new character in Houdini) 
I tried to use the 3rd the other day, by following your "[Houdini] Install BVH Into Mocap Crowd Agent" tutorial, but my rig get very twisted. I think it has to do with the order of bones/or name of bones are different. 
Are there any good ways to use mocap biped 3?

thanks

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2015 at 5:34 PM, Atom said:

I have put together a short tutorial on how to leverage the Papagayo lip synch software with the new default characters that come with Houdini 15.

You can view it here:

I have attached the files I reference in the video, including the full Python code used to read the data and drive the rig as well as a HIP file in the final working state.

lip_synch_assets.zip

Does this work in Houdini 16? I can't get it to work, it appears the python script is not being recognized.