none

Differential curve growth

added some attraction and repulsion forces so it will fill up the volume.
still sometimes the line can escape the bounding object but hey! maybe someone here will fix it
if you will run it you will see the green parts indicate the point is being attracted to the surface and if it is red it is being repulsed by it

diffrenial_line_grow_B3.hipnc

growth.gif

Edited by leohak
  • Like 1

Just wanted to post this as an example of using this technique as foundation for something else. Scene file in the Vimeo description. :) 

• Like 2

Nice thread with interesting topic.

My two cents to this topic:  

- solver which allows structure to separate grown parts from initial structure when some condition is met and continue to process those parts same way it processes starting structure.

In attached example I tried to keep things as simple as possible. The whole magic is inside solver inside for each loop, where shape is tested against conditions if physical distance between two points is small enough and there is more than K points on the shape in between them, separation occurs.  This example works in 2D but with this concept it can be extended to work in 3D space. Instead for searching if two points are close enough you search for 3 points which form triangle whose area is small enough but larger than zero.

gs.mov

gs2.mov

Both examples are in the scene file   

DiffGrow_separation.hip

cheers            

dgs.mp4

• Like 3

Hmm, there's a slight weirdness going on in those clips so when I get time I'll put on a face mask, some rubber gloves, and investigate the mysteries of this organic compound. :)