Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrisdunham95

Mantra Freezing

Hey guys,

i can provide my scene if needed, but my problem is after 2-5frames rendering to disk Mantra literally just stops/freezes rendering. Ive changed my frame ranges, new mantra render nodes, pathed to a diff hard drive which i thought had worked but didnt. 

Just seems ridicolous, frames that are rendering are coming out exactly as wanted, Just dont understand why its freezing for no reason? 

heres the scene too; 

Any help would be great as im trying to do some test renders and at the minute not suceeding due to this issue 

ocean_v2_t7.hipnc

Hello,

Interesting... I have the same problem (H 16.0.600).  Mantra freezes rendering. I have two scenes based on GEO + Particles + EnvLight+Arealight  and Mantra (PBR). It freezes randomly, sometime on 100 frame, sometime on 259 frame. But if I restart the rendering the problems with this frames disappears until it freezes somewhere else. I can make the test and provide the scene file (it's difficult to report a bug while you can't catch it...)

P.S. I would like to test your scene too but I can't start the rendering, there are some missing files OBJ.

13 hours ago, Physalis said:

Hello,

Interesting... I have the same problem (H 16.0.600).  Mantra freezes rendering. I have two scenes based on GEO + Particles + EnvLight+Arealight  and Mantra (PBR). It freezes randomly, sometime on 100 frame, sometime on 259 frame. But if I restart the rendering the problems with this frames disappears until it freezes somewhere else. I can make the test and provide the scene file (it's difficult to report a bug while you can't catch it...)

P.S. I would like to test your scene too but I can't start the rendering, there are some missing files OBJ.

You can catch it with log output in shell with high verbosity level(with 'mantra -V 5' command) .