Effects Animation Reel

Symbolic

Hi,

I would like to share my "Effects Animation Reel" with you.

I am trying to migrate from Broadcast Design to Digital Effects. I did an MA in Digital Effects focusing on Side Effects Houdini and my reel is basically all my student work I have produced in one year.

The web site is my portfolio that I am trying to put together. I will be very happy to get some feedback. I am still trying to improve some of the scenes. But it is usually very hard to go back and try fixing things.

The "Effects" work has been created with the great help of the OdForce Community.

URL:

www.fanux.net

SECTION:

"Effects Reel (2006-2007)"

Sorry about the large files.

:(

P.S: Just a quick note. The "Fly" project was a group project. We were three people working on that. Everybody contributed with different tasks. I will add detailed information on that as I keep updating my portfolio. Some of my tasks may be viewed in the "Effects Breakdowns (2006-2007)" section.

Edited by Symbolic

really nice work!

simple and clean...

I really like the beach stuff :)

Hi michael,

Actually "the beach" was a camera projection experiment... i did some brief research on the topic and tried to create a simple example with the help of Houdini...

It never went too far due to the time limit. Also, it might be a little messy right now. I always wanted to go through it once more time but never got the chance.

Here it is, for those who are interested... it is the basic stuff... use it at your own risk :)

http://nccasymposium.bmth.ac.uk/muhittin_bilginer/index.html

There is some more advanced stuff on this issue covered on the OdForce forums that I really want to try. But never had time. The technique described in the link above is very limited and simple. There are always options of creating very advanced "Camera Projection Shaders"... using "Lights", "Depth Maps" etc... to overcome the problems of the basic technique mentioned above.

Thanks.

I enjoyed this tutorial quite a lot. To the point and very easy to the eyes. I have tried some of this stuff myself in other packages and a bit in Houdini, but still I found a couple of new tricks for the...uh...bag of tricks :P such as the mirroring of the object to get the other side...it just makes perfect sense because as you mirror the geometry you

I enjoyed this tutorial quite a lot. To the point and very easy to the eyes. I have tried some of this stuff myself in other packages and a bit in Houdini, but still I found a couple of new tricks for the...uh...bag of tricks :P such as the mirroring of the object to get the other side...it just makes perfect sense because as you mirror the geometry you

• 5 months later...
Hey! I am really happy if I am able to contribute in any way...

:)

Hey Symbolic,

your research on camera mapping link is not working... do you have this in pdf or something..?

basically i am looking for some help on doing map projection from multiple cameras.

Cheers,

Junaid

• 3 weeks later...