sand simulation

Ta

what about the sand simulator that ships with houdini?

I wish sidefx would make a simple example of its usage. or is it still in development and not meant to be used?

One idea that pops to mind is to use an empty object container and call it "collisionSurf" with a scalar data attached called collisonData, using dops and a popsolver, whenever you collide you emit into this collisionSurf->collisionData. Then use this collisionData as an sdf and use that as a collider to the particles and you can get the sliding and the buildup you need by turning up the friction and what have you. This is what I think one could do using dops... :P

if you have maya 2009 you can do a much better sim with nparticles... just thought of throwing that out there...

Edited by keltuzar

Almatea Thanks ! I dont use a cone, its only a lot rbd spheres. All spheres emitter a aproximated number of 6 particles statics. And the fall of rest of sand its only 2 particle systems. Very simple.

Zasid Thank you very mouch :)

Hi! MERRY CHRISTMAS

I have improved the quality of render of the simulation, no parameter of the simulation has been modified, have only improved illumination adjustments. I hope that you like. I think the new render its more better and more similar to the work of Miguel Perez. I am very happy.

Almatea Hi man, well aprox 8 hours, i'm not sure but I have a Mac with 8gb Ram and 2 Quad cores (8cpus).

For the new render I need 12Hours. I hope this christmas I can get a Houdini HD I'm lovely it. :D

A new question, me original render its these (please see the atach jpg file) I lovely the colour rendering, but when I export the file to mov, that is change....

Please excuse me bad english.

Thank you very mouch for see my work.

sand2ok.mov

post-3296-1230196956_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ta

Hi Netvudu! thanks for follow my work.

Of course, I think you have reason, the grains of dinamics its too big, I am working to fix it.

About the time , 12 hours for the render, for the simulation a lot of hours, I don't remember just now.

Sorry Netvudu, my english is very bad, is difficult for my to explain to me correctly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...