Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'rocket'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General
    • Lounge/General chat
    • Education
    • Jobs
    • Marketplace
  • Houdini
    • General Houdini Questions
    • Effects
    • Modeling
    • Animation & Rigging
    • Lighting & Rendering
    • Compositing
    • Games
    • Tools (HDA's etc.)
  • Coders Corner
    • HDK : Houdini Development Kit
    • Scripting
    • Shaders
  • Art and Challenges
    • Finished Work
    • Work in Progress
    • VFX Challenge
    • Effects Challenge Archive
  • Systems and Other Applications
    • Other 3d Packages
    • Operating Systems
    • Hardware
    • Pipeline
  • od|force
    • Feedback, Suggestions, Bugs

Found 4 results

  1. Rocket exhaust - Particle based pyro simulation

    Hello folks, I am trying to re-create the "rocket exhaust expansion effect", when a rocket goes up and the flame is expanding because of the thiner atmosphere.. I have now 2 particle simulations, which are my main source for my pyro simulation.. but when I attached a pyro sim to the particle sim, then there are small flame points: as seen on my screenshot.. (it was rendered with Blender, Cylces)... and it also looks that ugly in Houdini... how can I achieve the wanted effect like on the reference picture: and how I need to set up my pyro sim, so that these dots will dissapear and will get visible as a seamless flame like on the reference picture..? - I have tried to add substeps but But the main thing is, that I am following the SpaceX Starship programm, and there will be a much bigger Rocket with more engines... And now i am wondering how can I create this massive flame which will be produced by this massive rocket... I have attached 2 images, and 1 video, where I am showing my current particle simulations: one image my current simulation... the other image is the reference image... and the 3rd image is the problem which I am facing right now... I would really appreciate some help from this community, thanks in advance Daniel 2022-05-11 14-03-50.mp4
  2. Creating Rocket liftoff smoke simulation

    Hey, I am trying to make a rocket liftoff scene - from a sea platform. What I have done/try already: - played with the smoke settings and different Gas-nodes - trying to play with the buoyancy and some gas turbulence but the result is not how I want it... (the smoke is going up but not down, as the sea platform a bit above the sea) I want to make something like in this video: from minute 1:37 the smoke... It would be nice, if someone could help me to achieve this kind of effect
  3. Rocket launch pyro test

    First post here for feedback and direction, this mostly a test render for my first big pyro simulation. It's being driven by a pop system that's firing particles downwards and using that to drive a pyro simulation. The collisions for the simulation are pretty broken, please ignore those. One thing that I'm having trouble with is getting the outside plumes of smokes to rise higher, anyone got suggestions? Sequence_1_v01_-_converted_with_Clipchamp.mp4
  4. Hello! I'm currently working on a shot where a rocket takes off. I've gotten the setup working quite well for the start and the look of the spreading of the fluid, I now need the rocket to take off further. This introduced the problem that my container becomes gigantic as the bottom of the container spreads horizontally but the trail is just narrow. That's why I dug into instancing over the last few days and got quite good results. The issue I am failing at is transferring values between my clusters. I take the smoke object from the current iteration and add 1 and subtract 1 to get the adjacent smoke objects and merge them. I took the setup from the incredibly generous Florian Bard (http://flooz-vfx.com/ It's the rabbit_trail.hip file where he does that) but when trying to apply that to my particular case I couldn't get it to work. I tried various ways of importing the other smoke objects but apparently it's not fetching them. This is an image of my latest Version (v67) showing the cut. Attached are also some dailies demonstrating the issue. It seemed to be fine before I introduced dissipation in my sim but v67 (pyro_daily_v67_[1001-1105].mp4) now has this very apparent cut where the smokeobjects meet. (The look I'm going for is v38 (pyro_daily_v38_[0980-1160].mp4) - that was before the sim needed to be bigger and thus worked in Instancing.) That's the basic gist of what I do with the clusters. Import current, merge with next, merge with previous, then smooth out based on voxel proximity to border. Here is the HIP as well if taking a peek could help. GoFullApolloDreizehn_In_v243o.hip [Also for some reason my smoke object clusters start at 2. In my scene I have only two, and they are named smokeobject1_2 and _3 which I can't quite understand.] Thank you in advance, Martin
×