Lighting Challenges:The Bedroom

altbighead

Hey

What would you like critiques on? Lighting, composition, modeling?

If it's just lighting then it's a good start. The only lighting comment that really jumped out at me is that there's this really hot light coming through the window but the outside environment is black, so it's a little confusing to the eye. It may be a small thing but I think it will affect your composition quite a bit.

M

Hiya!

Looking good. The one thing that bothers me is where the light strikes the cupboard in the corner, the lit slats create a very distracting pattern - I find my eye drawn to it immediately.

Other than that, I think you're doing very nicely so far!

Matt.

I like it, do you use just PBR?

hey no PBR for this one. pure ray tracing with a lot of fill and some bounce lights.I would love to use PBR but I have to do some reading on how to tweak the features.

I also use eetu's uber shader!

Edited by altbighead

Hi altbighead,

I hope you don't mind that I'm drawing over you image. :unsure:

The way the shadows are angled shows that your light source is a near by and small. This light would work great if you were trying to do a night shot and maybe some light coming in from a lamp post or a neon sign.

For a day light, try one big area light with RGB around (171,236,255) to simulate the sky light and a smaller disk shaped with RGB (255, 241,184) for the sun. Play with their intensity to avoid areas too bright. The disk shaped "sun" will make some shadows sharp and others softer.

Andz

post-847-126018816395_thumb.jpg