GeForce4 Ti 4200 Seg faulting with Houdini

shoephone

This card worked fine in my old system (PIII 650 AGP 4x), but in the new system (P4 3.06 AGP 8x) it constantly crashes.

Current system specs:

MSI MS-4730 Mobo

2x512 MB Kingston RAM

eVGA.com GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB

WinXP Pro

Houdini Apprentice v5.5.266

Suggestions?

TIA,

-ctj

• 2 weeks later...

Hey shoephone,

I am using the same card though it is from MSI. I do not have any problem with it so far.

Are you using the latest drivers from Nvidia? I'm using is 44.03 though 43.45 works for me too.

Have you tried running the card at only 4x instead of 8x?

Cheers!

steven

• 1 month later...

Hey...long time, no look.

Yeah, still having the same problem. I've been using another machine in the mean time because I'm just sick of dealing with it.

eVGA Geforce4 Ti4200 128MB 8xAGP card, using Nvidea's 44.03 drivers and sucking. Also sucking on the 43.51 drivers.

<sob!>

-ctj

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a bit late but I had problems with this card on WinXP not too long ago.

The problem was that auto-update on XP decided to automatically update my nvidia drivers to the one on the windows update site.

I know, I should have disabled it...

I noticed that all of a sudden i was getting a ton of blue screen of deaths. No matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of this driver.

I found this to be the problem because I ended up reformating and went to windows update for a service pack when i noticed the nvidia driver. Surely I was brave and tried thier driver and after reboot, blue screen of death.

Quick reformat fixed this and I turned off the auto update feature never to install their driver again...soo I think :)

/Rick