RedHat 9.0 error in startup of houdini

kitetrix

After source the houdini_setup_bash scritp, i try to exec hselect and the next i get

hselect: relocation error: /usr/hfs6/dsolib/libHoudiniUT.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

what im doing wrong

Well, its definitely a library issue. Either RH9 is missing something that Houdini is looking for, or Houdini is compiledfor a different version and is looking for something totally incorrect :).

Either way, I think you should post this on the SESI forum, the programmers are always on there and only come here occasionally. And they're the ones who'll best be able to answer this question.

Cheers

marc

P.S. If you would be so kind as to post the answer once you've got it. I'm sure there's plenty of people who would like to install Houdini with RH9..

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am facing the same problem. The very same problem also occurs while installing Maya on linux. it can be corrected using the same method by adding the line in the maya startup script.

Wonder where this line goes in houdini. Maybe in houdini_startup_bash ? Please help as to where to add this line.

I have followed the google thread but its not making any sense.

Thanks. :blink:

You could put it in a simple houdini launch script if you don't want to source houdini_setup everytime you run houdini, Thats what I used to do. Gentoo doesn't need this variable

#!/bin/tcsh
setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1
cd /usr/hfs6.1
source houdini_setup
houdini

I prefer csh for whatever reason, at least for houdini

for bash

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL="2.4.1"

Its safe to put this in your .bashrc file also

cheers

• 2 months later...