Lime Digital Asset

Valentino

Hey guys this is my lime digital asset am working on. The aim is the user to create lime wedges or slices easily and the UV's are procedural aswell. So far all the modelling is working perfectly and might modify it later to create oranges and other fruits. Right now only need limes for my Mojito Advert.

As u can see the UI is simple but am adding more features to it later on.

This is how it looks when its rendered. Early Shader test but am still working on it to make it look more photorealistic

As it is now am happy with all the modeling features of it but am not happy with the lime shader. Any suggestions how to make it look more realistic?

Yeah, really nice.

Agree with Hopbin9, some SSS and displacement should do the trick.

Is the bump/noise following along w/ the geometry, or is it locked in world space? Maybe do some more noise in the green texture (surface) to get it a bit more irregular.

How did you do the inside texture procedually? I really like how it follows the asset changes.

Anyway, good work

It makes me desire a lime slush!!! Congratulations, nice asset!

As Matt_K said, random variations are the right secret in Houdini especially about assets.

I'll suggest you to rotate randomly the lime image every time you change the thickness or, to take it a step further, to choose randomly from three or five lime images, so you'll be sure that, in a case of a basket full of lemons or whatever, every lemon will be unique.

It makes me desire a lime slush!!! Congratulations, nice asset!

As Matt_K said, random variations are the right secret in Houdini especially about assets.

I'll suggest you to rotate randomly the lime image every time you change the thickness or, to take it a step further, to choose randomly from three or five lime images, so you'll be sure that, in a case of a basket full of lemons or whatever, every lemon will be unique.

Thanks for you suggestions my friend. Unfortunatly am new in houdini so am still learning through this project, i was thinking about wat you said with randomization but still not manage to find a way of doin it.

So welcome aboard! :)

And don't worry, I'm newbie too!

About rotation of lime image, I suppose you are using a UV projection SOP to project the image, so you could randomize the Z rotation, using the thickness as reference value:

rand(12543*ch(thicknessA_value_from_UI)+9.786)*360

So, every time you change the thicknessA, Houdini will generate a random number using that value (the rand() function produces a random number from 0.0 to 1.0) and it will be multiplied for 360°, so the projection will be random for every value.

Well, I'll do it in that way.

About rotation of lime image, I suppose you are using a UV projection SOP to project the image, so you could randomize the Z rotation, using the thickness as reference value:

So, every time you change the thicknessA, Houdini will generate a random number using that value (the rand() function produces a random number from 0.0 to 1.0) and it will be multiplied for 360°, so the projection will be random for every value.

Nice one! This is amazing! U think if i upload my asset here you could take a look on my shaders and improve them or tell me what to change?

Nice one! This is amazing! U think if i upload my asset here you could take a look on my shaders and improve them or tell me what to change?

I think that if you upload the asset, every one here will give it a look and, I hope, will give you an hint.

Anyway I'm not so strong with Houdini custom shaders, I'm using the Mantra shader for my project, but I'll be happy to see your asset and tell you what I'll do.

I'm busy now, but I'll do as soon as possible.

create it again just to show the shaders, hope it works this time

the pith of the lime is located in the shop in the geo node and the inside bit that i need help with of the lime is in the material! I provided the original jpg i have incase they dont work with the file i provided. dont wanna share the asset yet until i completely finish it! hope this helps

thanks again for your help guys

lime.hip

post-5850-129676906632_thumb.jpg

post-5850-129676912018_thumb.jpg

post-5850-12967691381_thumb.jpg