power generation plant

rohandalvi

hi,

My first ever upload to the gallery section of Odforce . :)

The modeling is done entirely in Houdini. I needed a lot of variations of the central plant so it made sense to make it procedurally. Then I just ecported it as obj to 3dsmax.

The lighting and rendering is done in 3dsmax using vray. Post work in Photoshop.

The idea was and alien planet where plants generate electricity and machines harvest it.

Let me know what you think.

with regards

Rohan Dalvi

post-1625-129826842488_thumb.jpg

hi,

My first ever upload to the gallery section of Odforce . :)

The modeling is done entirely in Houdini. I needed a lot of variations of the central plant so it made sense to make it procedurally. Then I just ecported it as obj to 3dsmax.

The lighting and rendering is done in 3dsmax using vray. Post work in Photoshop.

The idea was and alien planet where plants generate electricity and machines harvest it.

Let me know what you think.

with regards

Rohan Dalvi

Bravo Bravo.... Very cool

thanks a lot for all the compliments.

Fex, i will write about the modeling workflow. It's just that I modeled it about 2 months ago. Then I got busy, so I only got around now to finishing the image. So I will take a look at the file and give a detailed description of the modeling process. But it's not very complicated , just some basic wire deformers and polywire Sops.

Kumpa, trust me even I am disappointed :( But I had a simple problem. I am not very good at rendering with Mantra. :unsure: But I am getting there. So next time I will post a mantra render. :)

with regards

Rohan Dalvi