Arnold render for Houdini

Ezz

i know there has been a far amount of interest in developing a houdini2arnold plugin, i suggest if your interested you send them a mail!

i'll be doing some comparisons for our company next week, to decide whether we use Mantra or Arnold for our next job. this unfortunately means i have to use Softimage...

we're currently going to be using Arnold to render a characters hair, the rest of the scene is rendered with PBR, unfortunately rendering hair in PBR is pretty much impossible, and Arnold flies through hair renders.

jason

mh, who is developing it? sometimes a more official statement would be cool, but somehow it this myth thing seems to be a fixed part of arnold :)

I'm on the arnold beta. In order to get it, one has to sign an NDA which will prevent "official" information to be spread around the forums. All I say is this: If you guys are interested in an official Houdini connection (it is possible to roll your own with the respective resources and several people/studios do that), write them about it. Sales potential is hard to estimate by looking into a crystal ball, having people nag by email is a much more reliable source.