Cuda Fluid and Particles plugin

Vinz9

Hi,

I'm making progress on a cuda fluid solver with a particles system, I got the nvidia cuda sample for hardware particles self shadowing running in Houdini viewport :

More info, source code and download here : http://www.foliativ.net/book/index.php?post/2011/03/04/Cuda-Fluid-Solver-Plugin

(latest version is not on the website yet, I need to clean up some things in the code and update the maya version as well).

It's more a tech demo than something useful yet, I'll try to get collisions with mesh working next, as well as a caching system, but I'm working on it when I have the time so progress is slow.

Vincent

Hi,

I'm making progress on a cuda fluid solver with a particles system, I got the nvidia cuda sample for hardware particles self shadowing running in Houdini viewport :

More info, source code and download here : http://www.foliativ.net/book/index.php?post/2011/03/04/Cuda-Fluid-Solver-Plugin

(latest version is not on the website yet, I need to clean up some things in the code and update the maya version as well).

It's more a tech demo than something useful yet, I'll try to get collisions with mesh working next, as well as a caching system, but I'm working on it when I have the time so progress is slow.

Vincent

Holy crap! Very nice man, I am extremely excited about this. Will this work for 11.0.733?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I had a go at compiling a linux version, I had some problems along the way (I'm a windows guy and I first had to install Linux ;)), but mostly it went quite smoothly.

So it's compiled for Houdini 11.0.775 (should work with other 11 versions as Edward pointed out) with GCC 4.4, and it works in Ubuntu 10.04 x64. The whole systems hangs for a couple of minutes when I quit Houdini though.

I used Code Blocks and I included the code blocks projects with a short guide to compile it for other versions.

You can get it here : http://www.foliativ.net/book/public/prog/cudafluidsolver/VHCudaSims_0.61.zip

It's not the latest version with the shadowed particles, which requires some more cleaning and in which I think I broke cross platform compatibility.

Vincent

Edited by Vinz9

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I had a go at compiling a linux version, I had some problems along the way (I'm a windows guy and I first had to install Linux ;)), but mostly it went quite smoothly.

So it's compiled for Houdini 11.0.775 (should work with other 11 versions as Edward pointed out) with GCC 4.4, and it works in Ubuntu 10.04 x64. The whole systems hangs for a couple of minutes when I quit Houdini though.

I used Code Blocks and I included the code blocks projects with a short guide to compile it for other versions.

You can get it here : http://www.foliativ.net/book/public/prog/cudafluidsolver/VHCudaSims_0.61.zip

It's not the latest version with the shadowed particles, which requires some more cleaning and in which I think I broke cross platform compatibility.

Vincent

there is need to change a build options of code blocks for nvidia compiler to

gcc_compiler_options 

instead

--compiler-options "gcc_compiler_options"

because option of command line macro is already

--compiler-options "$options" $includes -c $file -o $object

Edited by almatea

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...