maya to mantra

Hi,

I'm developing a mantra render plugin for maya. I thought it could be a good idea to try to render with mantra directly out of maya. I have a very simple first version online now.

http://www.haggi.biz/openmaya/mtom-features.php

It supports instancing, motionblur, depth of field, nurbs and meshes and some other features. Until now shading is very limited, no shadow maps are available yet and export of meshes is awfully slow at the moment. I hope I can continue this project.

Oh, yes and I think you cannot turn off raytraced shadows for lights...

Works only for windows and maya2012 64bit at the moment.

Edited by haggi

At the moment I use the GPD lib found on sourceforge. Unfortunatly there are not very much examples. e.g. how to write particle geo files or voxel data. If anyone has a secret source how to do define data for particles and voxels, I'd really appreciate if you let me know :)

If anyone has a secret source how to do define data for particles and voxels, I'd really appreciate if you let me know :)

It's already on your computer, in $HFS/houdini/public/GPD/GPD.txt. eg. on my computer it is at: C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 11.0.748\houdini\public\GP\GPD.txt

• 2 weeks later...