Sign in to follow this  
renderfan

Primitive Sort

I have geometry from other programm that i use in houdini. The problem is wrong numbering of primitives because i must use Foreach-SOP on primitives in order. Is there some way i can reorder the primitives. I have tried Sort-SOP but can not get right order.

Thank you in advance!

post-6984-132948651242_thumb.jpg

I have geometry from other programm that i use in houdini. The problem is wrong numbering of primitives because i must use Foreach-SOP on primitives in order. Is there some way i can reorder the primitives. I have tried Sort-SOP but can not get right order.

Thank you in advance!

Try with sort SOP. in sort SOP you can see primitive tab. change primitive sort parameter.

Dear Anim,

Thank you for your file. This helps me very much but the problem is I have not one but hundred of parts. I must do it in Foreach-SOP and I can not draw curve for every geometry. Is there perhaps other way to do this?

Thank you very much!!!

All they all strips like that and do they have uv? If so, you can maybe sort them along u or v. It depends a lot on the shapes they have...

Edited by Macha

Hello Petz, thank you very much for your file!!

It does exactly what i want. I study the file and try to understand how you did.

Thank you very much!!!