Harddrive filling up while caching

Skybar

I'm trying to cache out a FLIP simulation to bgeo's with a Dop I/O node, and that works fine. However, while I'm doing that, my harddrive starts filling up with temp files (they're called something like "hfs4048-404.tmp") that literally takes a ton of space. It's so bad they are taking up more space than the bgeos, and sooner rather than later my harddrive runs out of space - which leads to my simulation being cancelled. And since I'm writing to bgeo's, I have to restart the simulation all over again.

For shorter simulations it's usually fine, but this one is 750 frames and I get roughly halfway through until it stops.

Am I missing something obvious? I do admit I haven't touched the settings under the Simulation-tab of the Dop Network, so everything there is on default. Should I change anything there?

Houdini creates temporary caches so you can scrub back and forth when tweaking a simulation or quickly make a flipbook of something already simulated. Like sanostol said, these can be disabled on the DOP network node at the /obj level. I think if you use hbatch or hython for the simulation it will automatically disable the temporary caches.

Houdini creates temporary caches so you can scrub back and forth when tweaking a simulation or quickly make a flipbook of something already simulated. Like sanostol said, these can be disabled on the DOP network node at the /obj level. I think if you use hbatch or hython for the simulation it will automatically disable the temporary caches.

Thank you too! So many kind people here on Odforce, I like it :)