how do you get into a movie like this?

dyei nightmare

hi there, i come here with this question...

if you wanna work in a certain project of a certain important company how easy or hard is it???

i know that mainly your demo reel should talk about your competent skills on this matter, but i feel sometimes that you need an "extra leverage" to get there...

since this movie was anounced: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1929263/ "heaven is for real" (2014) i really have strong desires to work on it, because my strong catholic background, and i know that it is heavy vfx dependant.

how do you get to work into a movie that you would like a lot to work on???

Edited by dyei nightmare

You ask in your network which facility got the bid. -- most likely you won't get an answer publicly because of NDA regulation. But a personal message could work.

- Then you get in touch with some of the artists/supes that are working there and tell them that you are really eager/keen to work on that project.

If you already have an idea of the kind of effects required for it, you can make a prototype/demo of the effects you could provide for them -- this kinda shows them you can do the job in case you think they need extra convincing if your showreel does not have the effects required. Of course that takes personal time to do... but if you really want to work on that specific project... than that is what you need to do.

Good luck - but also be aware that you might not get hired in time to work on that project -- especially if visa issues are involved.

Both of the most common hookups have already been mentioned. Being at the right place at the right time and/or knowing someone already working on the project. Neither of which are under your control in most cases. As far as I know people usually don't go out looking to work on specific projects. I personally wouldn't let anyone know you want to work on specific projects because they may use that to their advantage (e.g. we can offer less pay because he/she really wants to work on the project and they'll still take it).

Edited by lukeiamyourfather
  • Like 2