making bricks from existing walls

jumper

Hey,

I am trying to make bricks from existing walls using the shatter tool on the model shelf. If I use the typical offset bricks the walls are not cut correctly. See uploaded hipfile. I simply plugged an offset brick pattern into the voronoifracture1 node - but I just get a bunch of squares - not the offset brick pattern... can offset bricks be achieved this way?

Thanks!

Stephen

Hey Mangi,

Thanks for the example - but I don't think I was clear enough .... what I was trying to do is break the box up with the brick pattern - ie shatter a box with the brick pattern to make brick shaped pieces.

Thanks

Stephen

I think I understand. You want the part of the wall that is enclosed by the box. That's a little tricky, but a forEach loop should do it. It's a little expensive, but it should work.

1 - build your wall in such a way that each brick is a different group. The way you have now with multiple copySOPs is a little messy

2 - create a forEach SOP

3 - wire the wall into the first input

4 - wire the box into the second input

5 - in the foreach sop cookie each brick by the box

6 - Bam.

looping through each brick shouldn't be necessary. You can use the break sop, to boolean out the part of the wall you want ;)

You get a bunch of squares with the voronoi fracture sop, since your really just feeding it the points from the bricks. Voronoi won't give you what you want by itself. But you can always use it for some additional fracturing after creating the bricks.

VoronoiBricks.hip

Edited by substep