CMIVFX - Particle Morphing Effects

bandini

Hi Everyone,

I just finished up another tutorial for CMIVFX. This one is about particle morphs. It covers a pretty wide range of ways to do the effect, from simple SOPS morphs, to complicated Steer/Arrive behavior in POPS. There's also a section about turning a RBD point object in DOPS into a particle system and applying the Steer/Arrive solution in the DOP network.

This is a mid to advanced level tutorial, and it assumes you already have Houdini experience and experience in POPS, SOPS, and DOPS. I think there is a lot of really good information in here, and hopefully it is presented in a clear, concise way, and at a decent pace.

You can check it out here:

http://cmivfx.com/store/564-Houdini+Particle+Morphing+Effects

I hope you enjoy it and find it useful!

-Adam

• Like 1

Hi Adam !

Just watched the tutorial yesterday. I have to say it was very informative and well done. Sometimes you' re fast with your nodes and I had to pause here and there, but globally it's one of my favorites when it comes to particles !

Thanks for the great work, and I hope you' ll have motivation to make more tutorials !

Hi Adam !

Just watched the tutorial yesterday. I have to say it was very informative and well done. Sometimes you' re fast with your nodes and I had to pause here and there, but globally it's one of my favorites when it comes to particles !

Thanks for the great work, and I hope you' ll have motivation to make more tutorials !

+1

Nice tut!

Hi Adam !

Thanks, Bruno! Sorry about the speed. I hope you were able to absorb the information. I had a lot to cover, and I wanted to get it all in around the 2.5 hours mark. I will keep that in mind for any other ones I do!

-Adam

• 2 months later...