3 word description of chops

deecue

hi all,

this is kind of an odd question, but i really don't know who else to ask..

i'm gathering a lot of my work and bringing it together in a portfolio..each work has its own section throughout the portfolio. even though each have there own distinct design, there are consistent elements such as type and certain arrangements. one of those consistencies is in the upper left hand corner, it lists the software used in the piece and what techniques were used are listed under each software title in 1 - 3 words (i.e. : Particle Simulation, L-Systems, etc etc.)..

So now im trying to figure out a short description for my audio driven stuff done on the chops side. I realize chops can go all over and have many different area's of description, but i'm talking about the more average operators. basically, deleting channels, enveloping channels, performing various mathematical operations (scalar, exponentional), combining channels, using splines to control channels, etc etc.. things you would expect in audio driven works..

so now, how in the heck do i describe that?

sampled channel manipulation ?

motion curve something or another ?

should i just say 'Audio Driven' and let whoever ask me about it if they want to..?

any help on this would be appreciated..

thanks in advance,

dave

I think "sampled channel manipulation" which you mention its OK. Also, "audio-driven motion" (if that's the case) or, better "procedural audio-driven motion" but that's 4 words...

To be in line with the more trendy ways of putting it, you can try to use the "non-linear animation" thinggy...

Dragos"

Okay, here's another:

programmable procedural performance

Heheh..

... and to keep up with the alliteration theme, how about:

highly hermetic hyperbole

onerous obfuscated operators

sinfully synthetic sinusoids

advanced anarchic animation

:blink:

Nope; I don't think I'll ever get a job in advertising :P

• 3 weeks later...

sorry guys...

haven't been around in a while.. just went through a big move and now that i have my stuff unpacked, back up and running, i finally got on the internet and back to the forums..

mark, i have that piece online if you'd like to view it.. it's titled Trijh.. there is also another one that is audio driven (not sculpted) titled April 1st if you wish to view that as well..

hope you enjoy..comments (both positive and negative) welcomed..

dave

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~dquiru20/monitormadness/

thanks for the feedback jason..

yea, i definitely know andrew's work.. i always found it an interesting coinicidence that he created an audio-visual animation inspired by Werner Heisenberg. And that around the time i was developing the concept for Trijh, i was researching quantum physics, string theory, and the work of John Archibald Wheeler (another early 20th century physicist)... So it was just one of those moments where various ends of completely different studies were connecting in a single unified way..much like physics of the 20th century has strived for.. just always found that whole experience really intriguing..

thanks again,

dave