anyway to use oceanwave deform in vopsop?

Because i want to control the range of the wave, so i did it in vopsop.

But there is no such a oceanwave deform in vopsop.

However i can replace the houdini oceanwave by HOT ocean in vopsop, but it is a little slowly.

Anyway can i use the houdini oceanwave in vopsop, or other way to control the range of the oceanwave.

a simple sketch.

Thank you for your time!

post-9982-0-36640700-1380265453_thumb.jp

Do this:

1. Create a point attribute: ex in_range. set 1 = inside the range and 0outside the range

2. Use the ocean wave deformation

3. Create a vopsop and apply the grid(non-deformed) to the first input and the deformed to the second input. Now you simply need to apply the position of the deformed to those points with the attribute in_range =1

4. You should also build up a way to smooth the edges. let's say make the attribute in_range to a float between 0-1 and you could use a mixVOP and set the attribute to the bias.

You could do the same operation for all attributes you need from the ocean deform

Do this:

1. Create a point attribute: ex in_range. set 1 = inside the range and 0outside the range

3. Create a vopsop and apply the grid(non-deformed) to the first input and the deformed to the second input. Now you simply need to apply the position of the deformed to those points with the attribute in_range =1

4. You should also build up a way to smooth the edges. let's say make the attribute in_range to a float between 0-1 and you could use a mixVOP and set the attribute to the bias.

You could do the same operation for all attributes you need from the ocean deform

Hudson.

Thanks you for your reply!

Anyway i create a basic vopsop follow your advice.

It is useful !

But i am a bit stupid when build the smooth edges. I get a issue.

Are you convenient to check my HIP,or give me a simple sketch.

Thanks again!

Edited by wateryfield

Do this:

sorry. forget the HIP.

VOPSOP_range.hipnc

Edited by wateryfield