quick questions about voronoi + geometry lights

dyei nightmare

i just wanna know something about this set up of voronoi + blue gemetry light that apears at the end of the houdini 11 demo reel, how can you asign that geometry light only to the insider faces and how do you make it illuminate with that not-uniform effect is with some ilumination map in mantra shader??? how do you aproach that effect like that breaking ball with blue light?

Edited by dyei nightmare

Maybe there's a better way, but since voronoi creates inside and outside prmitive groups. You could separate the two groups into their own geometry. Simply object merge it into a new geometry object, and then delete the outside group. then just assign the object light to the inside face geometry.

Edited by ickybah

yeah, thanks yes, im doing it in a diferent way, but now the question i have is how to make those inner patterns looks like a rock? because now in what i have, the pieces inside looks just plain, i need to achieve the look more like rock like the video... ill see how.

,1383203_10153344510230158_979514168_n.jpg

Edited by dyei nightmare

nice soulution! Did you use a point cloud ? or constant shaeder and pbr render?

thanks, no, is more of a tricky process, is a shader exporting a Ce variable, the thing is, that geometry light need to be pluged as the very final step, if you plug it earlier, you get just plain black, you need to deal at the very end with geo light,

Edited by dyei nightmare