Wrong sim coordinates when moving a subnet

Hi there.

I got this setup for a dandelion which works perfectly, but then I collapse everything into a subnet. Now, if I move the subnet around, the particles sim doesn´t work properly. I looked inside and both the emitter and a group bounding object seem to be transformed more than the rest of the subnet.

Is it a bug that I must report or am I doing anything wrong?

Could you guys take a quick look. It´s all setup already.

StrangeParticlesCoordinatesProblem.hipnc

Edited by Netvudu

I don't know if it is supposed to work, but just popping everything in a subnet and moving it sounds problematic to me. You could do it like the hip attached, but if you are going to make an asset out of it you should probably think of something cleaner/better.

StrangeParticlesCoordinatesProblem_dv.hipnc

Edited by Skybar

Ok, followed the rabbit hole to the end, the problem seems to arise from the popgroup bringing in the geometry in world space instead of local object space.

To change that, you need to go to /obj/Dandelion1/ParticleSIM/popgroup1, allow editing, dive further into popgroup1/apply_rules/apply_bounds/snippet1 and change space:world to space:object in line 29

Of course needing to open up the builtin asset is a bit dirty, maybe there are smarter ways to fix this. Probably by trying to keep everything else in world space as well.

StrangeParticlesCoordinatesProblem_ee.hipnc

yeah, but the problem is that one of the spheres is animated with keyframes, so that might be tweaked, but the emitter one, which is also misplaced is just copied on a point which comes from a wire sim.

edit: ah...I just read eetu´s post

Edited by Netvudu