which one is the best matchmoving software?

the more tracking tools appear in Nuke the lazier I will get to track anywhere else...this being said, I´ve never tested 3d Equalizer myself. I´ve used PF Track, Synth-eyes and Boujou, and found them not that different by the end of the day. Synth eyes is way cheaper, though.

I would go either for 3DE or PFtrack. My personal fav is PFtrack for the nodal approach and image modeling tools. 3DE has always this reputation to be the last resort , if you can't track it , throw it in 3DE ... :)

PFmatch it the low cost version is 360 euros so definitly a good deal.

Edited by sebkaine

Just to clarify, he asked for the best, not good one, that's why I was so strict about it. Nuke is good enough...

3DE is software created for matchmovers, not 3d artists doing tracks from time to time. Think Silhouette versus Afx.

3DE4 is awesome - i always get a solve. The lens Distortion Models, Lens breathing and zoom functions are superb - and the solves are FAST.

Also there’s a fantastic set of lens model plug ins for Nuke - so you can export your lens and undistort/distort in Nuke real easy.