FLIP with Bullet Interaction

Toseben

I'm trying to create a effect where I have objects inside of liquid. The FLIP simulation alone looks nice but after adding around 50 Bullet sphere's to the sim the result is lot worse.

Feedback scale is set to one and reseeding is turned off. Overall the interaction between Bullet and FLIP seems to be working fine but it feels that the liquid is losing some of the volume. Point count doesn't change tho.

I tried both packed prims and usual geometry for Bullet and I am using usual geometry at the moment because I got better results with it.

Any thoughts on how to keep the volume of the liquid same? Oh and Houdini I'm running is 14.0.201.13.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply Eetu! I found some posts saying that RBDs should work better but I didn't notice such a huge difference.

I'll try to post a sample scene tomorrow but for now here's some tests I made. Both RBD and FLIP have Min 1 - Max 4 Substeps.

No Reseeding, Velocity Type Volume and Collision Supersampling 2.

Flipbooks:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gy_a4wZm8Nd0JRUG9Jbl9GNVk/view?usp=sharing

1) Just the liquid container

2) Added Fracture RBD without gravity

3) Gravity on Fracture RBDs aswell

4) Feedback scale from 0 to 1

It seems like the more the collision objects move the more volume loss there is on FLIP.