instance render with normal

Hi, guys.

I'm working with instance recently. Let's say i stuck on something like instance with normal problem.

There was a example i built: i have a mountain sphere with point normal, i will show the N pass, then i instance the smalll ball on it, then tranfer normal to small ball.

if i just use copy sop, it works correct. The N pass show right color.

After that i try instance sop, it was great tool. I override the material N, it link to the sphere point normal,.

It seems working, but was a wrong way. The N pass show a different color.

I have try my best to achieve it and keep modify the material again.

But if anyone can help me out it will be great!

Thanks.  :)

surface_normal

post-9982-0-83724200-1428782481_thumb.jp

copy_correct_normal

post-9982-0-85950700-1428782491_thumb.jp

instance_normal

post-9982-0-15294200-1428782502_thumb.jp

instance_with_normal.hip

Edited by wateryfield

I think you have to transform the normals, since the shader works in camera space. So in your file, Input1 -> Transform VOP (from World to Camera). It could be the other way around though, camera to world, I'm not entirely sure atm. Try it out!

• Like 1

I think you have to transform the normals, since the shader works in camera space. So in your file, Input1 -> Transform VOP (from World to Camera). It could be the other way around though, camera to world, I'm not entirely sure atm. Try it out!

I will have a try.

Thanks, skybar.

Thamks, Skybar.

After transform the world space to the camera space, the material render perfect.

Since i was a noob at material and shade, if the shade works in camera space, does attribute output form Global Variables already been transform to camera space? :mellow:

Thamks, Skybar.

After transform the world space to the camera space, the material render perfect.

Since i was a noob at material and shade, if the shade works in camera space, does attribute output form Global Variables already been transform to camera space? :mellow:

I'm no expert at this, but yes I think so!