High pass filter in COPs

Mzigaib

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys! Before I start I want to thank you for the previous tips, the highpass worked very well for me.

I was also looking for a tip to replicate the "Soft Light" transfer but since we are already here I was wondering if anyone could also share any tips of how to replicate most or maybe all, I am sure that is possible, the transfers that Photoshop have that in COPs we don't have by default.

Cheers!

• 8 months later...

highpass.png

I know it is an old topic where problem was solved with an alternative method, but I searched for High Pass specifically and came here from google yesterday. I've got "photoshopic" High Pass filter results by subtracting blurred version from original and biasing by 0.5. The difference is in blurring radius parameter, which is computed by another formula in Photoshop. They are linearly dependent, however, you just need to use several times bigger numbers in Houdini.

highpass.hipnc

On 07/09/2015 at 6:23 AM, anim said:

probably easiest way is using VOP filter COP and

http://www.simplefilter.de/en/basics/mixmods.html

or Layer or Composite COP for common modes like Darken (Min), Lighten (Max), Multiply, Add, Subtract, Difference, Screen, ...

Hi, I saw this answer and was like , cool that should be easy, after few tries, I now know my cop knowlegde is 0, I cant even figure out how to import variables from the second input into vopcop2 filter.