render transparency into exr

When I render as an exr sequence in mantra, and the image does not totally fill the frame, the transparent sections are removed. This means when I open it in after effects, I have a sequence of exrs all with different proportions.

Is there a way to force mantra to render the whole frame, even if its largely transparent? Is this a compression issue? (I looked and could not find out how to turn that off).

Thanks for any insight.

In After Effects, Right Click on the Footage and chose Interpret Footage. Then set your frame rate to 24 (AE defaults to 30, Houdini defaults to 24). Then for the Alpha choose the ignore option. Now when you view your footage in After Effects you will see the world sky background instead of a blank alpha area. I often duplicate the footage in the bin and have one version with alpha on and one version with alpha off so I can still blur out the BG if I want and not have to re-render.

Also, when you import into After Effects import as Footage, not Composition, this will keep all frames the same size.

Edited by Atom