Houdini userbase and Terragen

McNistor

Howdy!

I've been keeping an eye on Terragen for several years now, impressed by the realism some users manage to achieve in their landscape renders. I also know that, very much like Houdini is a procedural program and I was wondering if there are Houdini users that are also using Terragen frequently or occasionally and what is their experience with it.

From what I know creating huge landscapes (even at planetary scales) is something this app is very capable of doing and was wondering how well could one mix Houdini with Terragen at the import/export level.

Just saw that Terragen 4 is in the makes and will make an appearance in the next few months and it looks pretty good.

There are several erosion threads on the forum. I ran across this setup a while back (can't find the original thread now, however). But it essentially sets up some flow lines along the contour of a mountain. Then you have the option of attribute transfer deform or erode the affected areas.

mountain_erosion_starter.hipnc

post-12295-0-70064200-1454436143_thumb.p