FBX animation import as copy reference

Saya

hello odforce,

not sure if this is the right section but heck. :)

As I as search the internet for tutorials I got some inspiration and wanted to try something.

I saw a tutorial inwhere the pointsofvolume sop was used. I used a testobject for this sop and it worked.

But know I thought, this should also work with animation. I had imported a fbx and wanted to connect it

to the pointsofvolume sop. But I can't reach the fbx since the fbx is on obj level and the pointsofvolume

sop in a geo. Im looking for a method to import the fbx in this geo sop. Can someone help me out?

I have added a picture for clarity

post-7207-0-58454500-1456053339_thumb.jp

Edited by Marcomeeuwse

... But i needed to select a geometry node in the fbx.

Not the subnet of the fbx....

if you want to bring in geometry from multiple objects in single Object Merge, you can use patterns

/obj/subnet1/*

will bring all geometries from objects directly in subnet1

/obj/subnet1/*/*

will bring everything from objects directly in subnet1 and one more level (from other subnets in subnet1)

/obj/subnet1/box*

will bring geometry from objects starting with box which are directly inside of subnet1 etc...

• 5 years later...

Well, sorry but I have the same problem.

I used file -> import -> Filmbox FBX. 

I created a new geometry, placed inside an object_merge and used wildcards. When I render my object_merge, I can see my object rendered corretly.

Then I created a curve and used "folow path". A constraints is correctly created. But when I change the frame, the object is not mouving.

I then created a new geometrie, placed a file and loaded a ".sc" object. With the same procedure, the object moves correctly.
Is there a paramer which locks the object_merge or prevents it to move and follow the path?

Thank you !