Align Object Along Path?

Atom

Hello All,

I am trying to embed the transform of an object traveling along a path into the vertices locations of the exported geometry sequence. So when the sequence is brought back in the object travels along the path in the sequence without the path being present.

Putting a ROP Output Driver inside an object that is following a path does not seem to work. The object gets exported, however, it remains at world origin even if I enable Transform Into World Space.

I tried Object Merging the object that is traveling along a path into another geo and exporting from there, the same result.

I found an old setup that shows a point moving along a curve. The object gets copied to the point. This does make the ROP Output Driver embed the transformation but when I copy an object onto the point it does not align to the path. It only transforms along the path without rotation.

I am attaching my example file setup if anyone has any ideas on how to add rotation to the object traveling along the path?

ap_align_to_path_issue.hipnc

post-12295-0-50867300-1456458153_thumb.j

Hi,

objet merging works for me. Just don't forget to set Transform parameter to Into This Object. You can set this parameter to permanent defaults.

If you still want to use Copy SOP way you can do it but you have to prepare vectors for orienting. You can use either N attribute which is simpler option or you can recreate coordinate system and use it as orient attribute.

Juraj

jt_path_bake.hipnc