Oscars

Marc

Congratulations to all the winners last night, especially to Spiderman2 for bagging SPI their first VFX Oscar.

And of course, congratulations to the Calgary Sun for printing the most stupid article I've ever read in all my 28 years on this planet.

Article

M

ALIAS?!?!

umm I beg to differ..

That's because its Maya 3-D animation technology was used to help create stunning visuals for all three nominees: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban; I, Robot; and Spider-Man 2.

Wait a min?!?! wasnt houdini used to create them and renderman used to render them out?

The gold man is housed in a glass case in the company's front lobby.

:rolleyes:

What a stupid article... I totally agree.

Congratulations!

@Marc: I know what do you mean. But there are two "excuses" for the colleague at Calgary Sun:

1. CP (the author) works for the MSM - they have no clue about CG.

2. I had today a press-release of a big cg-player from Canada in my inbox. Basicly they claimed to be the winner this year (like the past YX years). Attached to the message a picture of Spidy

Maybe some people work FIFO...

I wait now for the other Oscar-related press-releases... <_<

Sure, I'm not blaming him. I'm sure he just cut and pasted most of it from a press release... But still. You'd think there would still be some sort of research going into it.

eh well, whatever. Congrats to all anyway :).