Evenly spaced points with boundary surface

Hey all,

I am trying to take a set of points and space them as evenly as possible given a boundary surface. Right now the simplest way I have for doing this is iterating over the points with a voronoi fracture sop, using the cell center as the new location for each point. Doing this a number of times yields a nice result but as the voronoi split is actually cutting geometry and I feel there should be a better way perhaps using a similar approach? Even for only 1k points and 15 iterations it takes a while. 

Thanks!

evenlySpaced.001.hip

Haven't looked at your hips, but you can take a look at the Grain Source SOP. It does some things inside to avoid overlaps with points. You can also try the Point Relax SOP that has a 3d space option.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I need the same point count as the input points, and this would be used on an incoming fluid surface. The point numbers need to stay the same relative to where to points are moving as well (which is absent from my last example). Does that make sense?

I have, and again the issue is that I want to take an existing set of points and have them uniformly 'relaxed' inside a bounding object. I am familiar with a number of different methods it just comes down to what is the fastest to compute. Houdini does have the relax points sop which uses an implementation of Lloyd's algorithm but does not take into account a boundary surface. I'll keep plugging and come up with something.