Stick cloud noise to deforming geometry solution - HIP file included

Neon Junkyard

Omg i can't thank you enough for this! It's exactly what I was after!!! Thanks again :)

On another note would you be able to do a tutorial on setting up a deforming mesh like a character that crumbles away into fragments. I've been wrestling with that one for a while now and can't seem to get it to work :/ there's there's a really nice example on vimeo but no advice.

Ant

Edited by anthonymcgrath
more words

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Thank you so much for these setups I have an issue I'm trying to resolve and either one of the setups come with an issue I can't resolve.

Essentially I am trying to add a density noise modifier as to break up the density, but also be able to animate the noise offset of both the deforming noise and the density noise.

In the first setup where you deform the volumes already with cloud noise etc I can indeed add density noise but I had strange results so had to increase the number of points and area of points as parts of the noise outside of the points areas was acting unpredictably and not deforming (weird stretching and appearing parts) so any way I resolved this but of course I can't animate the offset of any noise values by nature of the Timeshift node always looking at frame 1 on the density look up.

So I tried the other method, and I managed to add density noise but stretches the noise to the centroid of the volume and I can't figure out how to have more natural?

[SOLVED] kind off.

Edited by mecca76

• 1 year later...

This is an awesome setup, thank you very much for sharing!
Pardon me for being ignorant if this is an easy fix, but if you animate the input geometry to rotate by 180* in Y-axis, the volumes start breaking up using method 1. Anyone know how to make method 1 work with that kind of animation? :)

Edited by kvaletet