No viewport feedback for GROUPS

Andz

Hello every one. I'm new to Houdini so I apoligise in advance for what might be such a basic question.

I've been going thru 3dBuzz VTMs every night on my spare time. Im now starting the Tornado series.

One problem that im having is, evey time I'm using the GROUP operation, It never shows the result on my viewport like on the videos. I have to apply anything afterwards (particles for example) to see if the GROUPING worked.

One thing that I think I did few days ago was :blush: to forget to hit TAB key to add an operator, so i just tryped a bunch of letters and ended up actualy typing a bunch of hot-keys :blush: right after the GROUP operator. Did I some how deactivated preview for Group?

Sorry for my english! And thank you for any help!

Right-click on the icon of the Group SOP in the network editor. At the top of the menu, try choosing "Highlight". I think that's the difference between putting down a Group SOP from the Viewer's tab menu instead of the network editor. The Viewer automatically turns on the highlight flag.

I may be wrong, but I think that it may be a bug too (the fact that the groups are not highlighted correctly).

M

17189[/snapback]

I don't know if it is a bug, but i do have to hit HIGHLIGHT every time I add a group. I don't know if Buzz does that on his vids.